Comment: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGE
Author: Mr Beans
Date: 2023-03-16 13:41:46
TWISTS AND TURNS IN ANAS-KENNEDY AGYAPONG’S CASE
The following are the facts I gathered from my sources as an explanation to the following documents.
1. Anas Aremeyaw Anas sued Kennedy Agyapong for defamation in 2018.
2. Justice Daniel Mensah (the Dormaahene) was the judge handling the case.
3. In the later part of 2020, Justice Daniel Mensah was transferred to Tema. A Court of Appeal Judge, Justice Eric Baah, was appointed interim judge to handle the case pending the appointment of a substantive judge.
4. In June 2021, a substantive judge was appointed to continue the case. I’m told she is Justice Gifty Agyei-Addo, the judge who overturned the General Legal Council’s suspension of Francis Xavier Sosu from practising as a lawyer.
5. On December 1, 2021, Anas and his team discovered in court that the substantive judge had been taken off the case and the interim judge had returned. They had no idea what had happened. They were given an explanation.
6. On the blind side of Anas and his legal team, Kennedy Agyapong had written to the Chief Justice to request that the interim judge should return to continue the case.
7. The reason Kennedy Agyapong and his lawyers gave was that the interim judge had “observed the demeanour of the parties and is abreast with details of the case, including its nature and scope.” The substantive judge, Kennedy Agyapong said, would take time to familiarise herself with the case. “She also does not have the benefit of the demeanour of the witnesses so far.”
8. A week after receiving Kennedy Agyapong’s letter, Chief Justice Anin Yeboah directed Justice Eric Baah, to go back and continue the case as Kennedy Agyapong requested in his letter to the Chief Justice.
9. When Anas and his legal team expressed their confusion upon seeing the interim judge in court, Justice Eric Baah said he’d been directed by the Chief Justice to continue the case. He added that Anas and his team were expected to have been served with Kennedy Agyapong’s petition and the Chief Justice’s directive. But that was not done.
I’m not a lawyer but I’m wondering whether it is normal for one party in a case to write to the Chief Justice to suggest a judge without the knowledge of the other party, and have that wish granted.
And per the reasons given by the defendant, if, for any reason, Justice Eric Baah is unable to continue working as a judge, won’t the case continue with another judge who may not “know the demeanour” of the witnesses?
Credit: Manasseh Awuni Your Comment:
Leticia E. Londonon Mar 16, 2023 13:42
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEhttps://youtu.be/YGc9_YGShMM
Tom Thumbon Mar 16, 2023 13:46
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEStop this Beans, you are making a mockery of yourself. Don’t you have any dignity or reputation to uphold? Always displaying crass ignorance. Go for a refund from Collins Commercial.
Mr Beanson Mar 16, 2023 13:48
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEDo you ask yourself why no one takes you seriously? Even a worm would see through this scam
Mustaga Muleeon Mar 16, 2023 13:46
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEKennedy Agyapong is the man of the moment…! https://youtu.be/MMdfCLiuHIo
Kwameon Mar 16, 2023 13:48
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGESince Manasseh has admitted he is not a lawyer then being a journalist he should have contacted a lawyer to advice on court procedure before speculating what is right or wrong.
Mr Beanson Mar 16, 2023 13:49
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEWhen it walks and quaks like a duck it must be a duck
Kwameon Mar 16, 2023 13:53
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEIt’s pointless reasoning with you sometimes
Mr Beanson Mar 16, 2023 13:54
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGETom I can see your bottom all
Botifanson Mar 16, 2023 13:56
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEHahahaha…. Know the difference between the writing style of the ORIGINAL Kwame and the impersonator… The guy dey suffer!!!
Mr Beanson Mar 16, 2023 14:03
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEVery much so
Botifanson Mar 16, 2023 14:20
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEOriginal Kwame spices his writings with Ghanaian and Russian histories and proverbs….this impersonator is raw and empty. He doesn’t sleep…24/7. How much is he paid for all the troubles? He is mentally unstable!!!
Mr Beanson Mar 16, 2023 14:21
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEIt is one and the same Bolgatanga rat
Botifanson Mar 16, 2023 14:46
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEWho else? he has nothing to do with Bolgatanga. Just a way to sway people. Roaming and scavenging in offices Accra,yet claiming to be in Bolgatanga.
J. ADJAIKUM KROM4on Mar 16, 2023 13:54
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEthese detours are purposely designed to undermine the integrity of the court process. And they impact rulings. This CJ must do everything professionally to save the courts from being scandalized. Why should these be permi …
read full comment
Mr Beanson Mar 16, 2023 14:04
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEAnin Yeboah is the architect of this perverse ruling
Mustafa Ali (Mulee)on Mar 16, 2023 13:56
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEhttps://youtu.be/1wnax6TSnDI
Kwameon Mar 16, 2023 13:59
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEThe question is do defendants appoint their own judges? Someone want to put on the shell of Kwame.
Kwameon Mar 16, 2023 14:01
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEAre you the only Kwame in Ghana?
Osilatu Osimhenon Mar 16, 2023 14:02
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEhttps://youtu.be/9E3KeKMP_As
Botifanson Mar 16, 2023 14:09
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGESame as Judge Clemence Jackson Honyenuga aka Torgbui Ashui Nyagasi V. Do you know that, it is Kennedy Agyapong who is the driving force behind the OPUNI case? He sworn that Opuni ought to be jailed at all cost. He stru …
read full comment
Mr Beanson Mar 16, 2023 14:13
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEKen and Anin Yeboah are two criminals made in heaven. They do Addo’s bidding
Botifanson Mar 16, 2023 14:23
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEThis is why Ken says, he has the capability to bring NPP down. He has all their dirty acts in his pocket.
Mr Beanson Mar 16, 2023 17:59
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGETrue
As3ms3b3on Mar 16, 2023 14:10
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEThe problem with Anas is that he’s been practicing buga buga journalism. Induce people to bribes, video them, decontextualize your interactions, then voice over stuff to lead on your audience to believe a certain story. It i …
read full comment
Mr Beanson Mar 16, 2023 14:17
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEWhat evidence did judge adduce to show Ana’s was blackmailing his victims Remember Addo promised to use Ana’s principle to fight corruption Same method cleared corrupt judges from the bench. Desperate situations requ …
read full comment
Tom Thumbon Mar 16, 2023 14:16
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEPathetic coward. After the Ga woman Georgina Wood showed what a ga woman could do with montie 3 kittens, you stopped Insulting her, like you’d smell pepper immediately on arrival at Terminal 3.
Tom Thumbon Mar 16, 2023 14:20
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEBeans I hope you are not trying to argue a point of law, for your own sake.
Enoon Mar 16, 2023 14:40
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGETweaaa!!! Who wouldn’t go around shopping for best lawyers one can afford, to defend or represent them in court? You tell us, Sir. Botofans. LOL
Mr Beanson Mar 16, 2023 15:00
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEShopping for malleable judges. There is a difference Eno
Kwameon Mar 16, 2023 17:29
Re: HOW KEN WENT SHOPPING FOR A JUDGEAnas should have vigorously protested and requested for another judge. His failure to do so meant he had nothing against the judge.
Copyright © 1994 – 2023 GhanaWeb. All rights reserved.